We are currently seeking a house swap for the entire summer starting early June through early August. We prefer London but are open to a house swap in Paris, Barcelona or Milan.
Our house is in the very safe neighborhood of Bernal Heights. The house is 2 short blocks away from Cortland St., which has a unique small town feel to it, even though its full of trendy restaurants and cafes.
Here is a blog all about Bernal Heights. http://bernalwood.wordpress.com/
We have 3 bedrooms (3 twin beds and 2 queen fold out futon mattresses). There are two bedrooms upstairs -- used by our 4 tween/teens -- and a bedroom on the main level that is attached to the main bathroom. The bathroom has a bath and shower. The other bathroom upstairs is toilet and sink only.
Our living room has two leather couches and a flatscreen TV with cable and PVR.
We have a large sunny kitchen that opens onto an outdoor deck. It is perfect for BBQ or catching some sun. When the weather gets chilly, we have a heat lamp.
The kitchen has modern appliances (dishwasher, huge fridge, convection oven) and plenty of dish ware.
Plenty of street parking is available. The washer/dryer are in the basement.
There are 18 or so steps from the street to our front door. The staircase to the top floor is pretty steep but easily conquered by most people.
* High speed wireless internet throughout the house.
* Soft tub on the deck. Its a vinyl hot tub heated all the time to 104 degrees.
* Our cat Stockton (extremely friendly) -- who is in and out all day -- will need to be fed in the morning.
* Although a great walking city, San Francisco is known for its hills. Remember Streets of San Francisco? Cortland St. is really only 2 short blocks away, but here is a hill on the 2nd block that may be daunting to some.
* Within a 4-block span on Cortland St.you will find just about anything you need -- 3 cafes, 3 bars, a gym, a yoga studio, a novelty gift shop, an organic grocery store, Bank of America, a high-end meat market, wine bar, wine store, art gallery, video store, public library, food vendors, hardware store, pet store, deli, bus stops. There is a great kiddy park and recreation center to shoot hoops or take a zumba class, and a realtor for when you decide you love SF so much that you must buy a house here.
The restaurants are plentiful. San Francisco is a foody town. There's Moshi sushi, Little Nepal, Piqueo Tapas, Blue Elephant Thai, Liberty Cafe, Taco Los Alto, Pizza Express, Vega Italian.
* 5 blocks from the popular Alemany Farmers Market (and a flea market on Sundays).