“This was our first home swap and it was absolutely fantastic. The communication with Phil and Lindsay was great and we would gladly do another house swap again. We travelled with our three year old and we couldn't get her to leave the house as it was beyond kid friendly, toys/games galore, a huge trampoline and we got to look after their cool hamster. The location was perfect, walking distance to parks, farmers markets, great coffee shops, the best frozen yogurt shop, local grocery store and a short bike ride to the beach. Large beautiful home with everything a kid or adult would need. ”
Phil's reviewsAs a host (1)
Where is it?
The house is in a lovely residential area of Santa Monica called Sunset Park. It's very friendly - lots of families always out walking and cycling. Easy run, cycle, drive or bus down to the beach.
5 min WALK to:
- two big parks with big playgrounds: Virginia Park (fountains to run around in for little kids, and farmers market on Sat mornings) and Clover Park (with 2 tennis courts etc);
- a huge 365 (Whole Foods) supermarket
- a great 'upmarket dive bar' called The Daily Pint (Phil's favorite)
- Lunetta coffee / restaurant (Lindsay's favorite)
- other shops, restaurants and 2 libraries!
10 min WALK to:
- Santa Monica College, with its Olympic-sized pool for adults ($3 per adult, $2 per child) and huge family pool for the kids.
- lots more shops and cafes on Ocean Park Blvd between 16th and 20th
- lots more restaurants on Pico Blvd between Cloverfield and 33rd
The awesome Santa Monica beach is a 10-minute bike ride or 5-minute drive (lots of easy parking at Ocean Park - $2 / 2 hours, or $12 / all day - where there's also a playground and a cafe). Water is A+ Clean Rating - so we swim, boogie-board and surf all the time, all year round. (We have lots of boogie boards and 2 foam surfboards in the garage you're welcome to use.) Then you're also just a 10 min walk north along the beach (or boardwalk) to the famous Santa Monica pier, and on up to the 4-block-long open-air mall at Third Street Promenade.
Or, between us and the beach, are all the shops, bars and restaurants on Santa Monica's Main St. Or head a few minutes south to lively Venice boardwalk, or over to all the trendy shops and bars on Abbot Kinney.
And if you want to leave Santa Monica - it's 15 mins drive up along the coast to Malibu; or only 15 mins up into the hiking (Temescal, Will Rogers, Topanga) in the Santa Monica Mountains. Heading into LA - it's 20 mins drive into Beverly Hills or Downtown; 45 mins to Universal Studios or Disneyland. LAX is only 20 mins (about $25 in an Uber)
You may also like
We have a three bedroom, two bath home with hardwood floors, a living room, family room with large screen TV and outdoor deck. The master bedroom has a...
Our Mediterranean styled home is located in Cole Valley in San Francisco. Cole Valley is a quaint, family friendly neighborhood with easy access to the...
Our designer home in the california desert comes with it's own private pool/ jacuzzi / built in outdoor bbq and perfect for outdoor dining & living. Gym, 2...