Things to see and do in Stockbridge
The area is dotted with delis, tea-houses, small restaurants, cafes, and pubs. In terms of shopping there are a number of upmarket charity and antique shops- so a special bargain can be found. There are also botanical gardens, parks and the beautiful 'Water of Leith' walkway.
- Edinburgh Castle- 30 minutes
- Edinburgh Airport- 30 minutes
- Edinburgh Zoo- 15 minutes
If you want to take a look at more homes available in Stockbridge, we’ve got a huge selection for you, Click here for more.
Our Members Recommend
“It is a buzzing area with a great variety of local food shops, more cafes than it would be possible to use, great restaurants and bars. It has just won the accolade of best place to live in Scotland 2016 from the Sunday Times for its village feel and friendly locals. The Sunday Farmers' Market is a great attraction where local produce is sold alongside wonderful food from around the world for an al fresco lunch.”.
“Our home is ten minutes walk from the Centre of Edinburgh but situated in a quiet position in the heart of Stockbridge and with an open outlook to the South and The Water of Leith. This river flows through the City and is a hidden gem for walking, cycling and viewing Edinburgh from a different perspective.” .
- CC image provided courtesy of Stu Smith on flickr.com
- CC image provided courtesy of Jeremy Keith on flickr.com
- CC image provided courtesy of Steve Hodgson on flickr.com
- CC image provided courtesy of dun_deagh on flickr.com
- CC image provided courtesy of Gary Denham on flickr.com
- CC image provided courtesy of Andrew Bowden on flickr.com
- CC image provided courtesy of Katherine on flickr.com