The enhanced membership benefits provided by the Traveller+ include the below, alongside 5* phone concierge service and one free airport lounge pass.
Schedule of Benefits:
|Travel Protection - The provision of travel costs in the event that the holiday you have agreed to stay in is withdrawn
||Up to £2,500
|Damage Protection - Accidental damage to property
||Up to £5,000 (limited to £2,500 in respect of damage caused by a pet or pets.)
This guarantee will apply when the member is outside his or her country of permanent residence; it also applies when traveling from and to their home country as part of an international trip.
1. Cancellation: In the event that the property the member was going to be occupying is withdrawn from the agreement, the policy would cover any cancellation charges levied for related pre-booked travelling expenses in respect of travel by Air, Ferry, Rail or Coach
1.1 No cover will apply in respect of any travelling expenses that are recoverable from any other source either in part or as a whole.
2. Accidental Damage to Property: This guarantee will apply up to the maximum specified in the schedule of benefits for damage to property,
2.1 For damage costs in excess of the benefit provided by this guarantee, the homeowner may wish to file a claim with their insurance / indemnity carrier whose policy may become primary. Should this occur the guarantee will pay the excess/deductible to the relevant maximum level of benefit stated in this guarantee.
2.2 Pet Damage is limited to a maximum level of benefit of £2,500 and is payable on a primary basis. In the event damages exceed the level of benefit the homeowner will have to file a claim with their respective insurance/indemnity carrier for the difference.
Please note certain words used in this document have specific meanings.
1. "Country of Residence" Place of legal residence at time of booking/arranging a swap.
2. "Deductible" means the sterling amount of Qualifying Expenses that must be incurred as an out of-pocket expense by each member any Benefits paid on an expense incurred basis are payable under this guarantee.
3. "Home Country" means a country from which the member holds a passport. If the member holds passports from more than one country, his or her Home Country will be that country which the member has declared to us in writing as his or her Home Country.
4. "Member" any person who is a member of Love Home Swap or a person who is part of the party that has booked to travel with the Member and has entered into a property rental or property swap agreement via Love Home Swap and who has been properly declared as such.
5. "Negligent Act" any action in which the member intentionally causes damage to the occupied property that would not have occurred by an unforeseen accident. Including but not limited to smashing multiple fixtures, windows, walls, intentional acts of violence resulting in damage.
6. "Qualifying Expenses" means costs actually incurred by or on behalf of a member for services and supplies covered by the guarantee. The guarantee must remain continuously in force from the date of the services or supplies are received for them to be a Covered Expense. A Qualifying Expense is deemed to be incurred on the date such service or supply, that gave rise to the expense or the charge, was rendered or obtained.
7. "Qualifying Trip" means a period of round-trip travel away from the Insured Person's Home Country; the trip has defined departure and return dates specified when the member arranges the Swap.
8. "Trip" means travel by air, land, or sea from the Insured Person's Home Country.
9. "We", "Our", "Us" means Love Home Swap.
No claim can be made under this guarantee for compensation or payment for damage or expenses caused by or as a result of the following:
1. Suicide or attempted suicide, intentional self-injury, the effect of intoxicating liquors or drugs whenever able to establish.
2. Any costs arising after the end of the trip;
3. Any cost associated with intentional and deliberate negligent actions taken by the member or someone within the members booked party in a reckless manor including conduct or incidents resulting from unauthorised parties and gatherings NOT previously approved by the homeowner(s).
4. Any expenses incurred due to a failure to obtain proper travel documents such as passports, visas, invitation letters, or any other document required for entry into a foreign country or port.
5. Pandemic Exclusion: this guarantee does not cover any liability, loss, cost or expense arising out of, resulting from, caused or contributed to by a virus or bacteria that is declared to be an outbreak, epidemic, or public emergency by the World Health Organization (WHO), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), or any other Government, Governmental Agency or ruling body of the country that the outbreak or epidemic has occurred in, prior to the inception of the members trip. Nor does it cover any expenses incurred after the Member has returned to their home.
6. The amount of the guarantee Deductible as stated elsewhere within this guarantee.
7. Needless self-exposure to peril except in an attempt to save human life.
8. Intentional or fraudulent acts on the Member's part or their consequences;
9. For all claims within Cuba: the member must pay the service provider at time of service and apply for reimbursement upon return to the US/Country of Residence. Important information for AMERICANS traveling to CUBA. Americans must have US government approval and proper documentation when traveling to Cuba or the claim will be denied.
10. Travel to/from North Korea, Iran, Syria and any other locations known to be under duress/alert, pandemic, epidemic or against which the foreign and commonwealth office have advised against travel. Or to any other country known to pose a higher risk prior to departing for a trip.
11. Travel swaps originating from Russia, Iran, North Korea are not eligible for Benefits contained within this guarantee.
12. The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous or contaminating properties of any nuclear installation, reactor or other nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
13. War Insurrection and Terrorism: This guarantee shall not provide a benefit in respect of any claims arising from or in any way associated with:
a) the use of any explosive nuclear weapon or device or the emission, discharge, dispersal, release or escape of fissile material emitting a level of radioactivity capable of causing incapacitating disablement or death amongst people or animals
b) the emission, discharge, dispersal, release or escape of any solid, liquid or gaseous chemical compound which, when suitably distributed, is capable of causing incapacitating disablement or death amongst people or animals
c) the emission, discharge, dispersal, release or escape of any pathogenic (disease producing) micro-organism(s) and/or biologically produced toxin(s) (including genetically modified organisms and chemically synthesized toxins) which are capable of causing incapacitating disablement or death amongst people or animals
d) means an act, or acts, of any person, or group(s) of persons, committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes with the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public, or any section of the public, in fear. Terrorist activity can include, but not be limited to, the actual use of force or violence and/or the threat of such use. Furthermore, the perpetrators of terrorist activity can either be acting alone, or on behalf of, or in connection with any organization(s) or governments(s).
1. This guarantee contains specific exclusions and limitations. Please check the full description of the guarantee to fully determine the benefits provided to you. By accepting this guarantee the member is agreeing to the terms and conditions contained herein.
2. Trip Maximum guarantee: Maximum duration of the trip not to exceed 45 days.
3. Maximum Age: This guarantee is valid as long as the Member has not obtained their 75th birthday by the commencement date of the booked trip.
4. All claims must be submitted within 60 days from the date of incident or they will be denied.
5. The Member must exercise reasonable care to prevent accident, injury, loss or damage to property.
6. All claims arising under this guarantee shall be governed by the Laws of England, whose courts alone shall have jurisdiction in any dispute arising here under.
7. If a member or any person acting on their behalf shall make any claim or statement knowing the same to be false or fraudulent as regards amount or otherwise, then this guarantee shall become void and all claims here under shall be forfeited.
8. Unless specified this guarantee does not apply to anything caused directly or indirectly through bankruptcy / liquidation of any tour operator, travel agent, transportation company or accommodation supplier.
9. The benefit provided by this guarantee may be denominated in US Dollars, British Pounds or Euros as decided by Love Home Swap.
10. Love Home Swap has sole discretion in deciding whether or not to make a payment under this member's benefit.
11. The member or members involved in any claim that is made against this member's benefit agree that they will give all reasonable assistance to Love Home Swap in connection with the claim, this assistance to include but not be limited to allowing Love Home Swap or their representatives to visit any property that is part of a claim for damage and to see any correspondence that has taken place between the members.
In the event of a claim please contact:
Love Home Swap, C/O P J Hayman & Company Limited, Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, PO9 6DX.
Required Documentation for all claims:
* All claims must be submitted with proof of travel including flight records
* Proof of loss and detailed description of loss
* Police Reports (if applicable)
* Any additional documentation requested by Love Home Swap to support your claim.